Saturday 16th September - Sunday 17th September Next on:
11.00 am - 06.00 pm
A very famous ship, stunts, children’s entertainer Steve Royle and even a Strong Lady – there’s lots to look forward to at this year’s Pirates on the Dock!
Avast ye! Pirates on the Dock thunders into action this weekend (September 16-17) and you will not believe what we have in store for you as this now legendary swashbuckling, family adventure returns to Albert Dock!
The beautiful two-mast Brig, tall ship Phoenix – world-renowned for her appearances in hit shows Poldark and Doctor Who – will return for the show-stopping, ear-popping, live pirate battle at the centre of Albert Dock, brought to you by the best professional actors and stuntmen and women in the business – some with Game of Thrones, Pirates of the Caribbean, Wonder Woman and the Harry Potter movies on their CVs!
Making her Pirates on the Dock debut will be the all-new Strong Lady – combining muscle and grace, beauty and brute strength, she can lift a man over her head like a feather! Are you ready to hit new heights?
Another new attraction to this free buccaneering bonanza will be an interactive children’s show – brought to you by comedian and TV star, Steve Royle, who has his own weekly radio show on BBC Radio Lancashire.
And it does not end there! After being restored in 2000, Topsail Schooner – Vilma – will be making her return to Albert Dock and taking part in the live pirate battle.
Come dressed up as your favourite pirate or mermaid and join the popular Pirates and Mermaid Parade – now happening on both days. Be mesmerised by awesome, acro-juggling tricks and jaw-dropping swordfights. And be captivated by local folklore and sea shanty.
We look forward to welcoming you this weekend for 2 days of FREE family fun!
Pirates on the Dock programme highlights – happening both days:
• Battle of the Pirates (in the centre of Albert Dock, 3pm) – cheer for your favourite pirate as the Liverpool privateers fight the bad guys
• Storytime with The Mermaid of Black Rock, who, according to local folklore, appeared off the coast of north Wirral! (Hartley Quay Stage – 12pm and 3.45pm)
• Pirate-inspired shanty music (Hartley Quay and Car Park A) • Pirates and Mermaid Parade – the chance to show off your best pirate or mermaid costume (starting at Hartley Quay – 12.30pm)
• Strong Lady – she will lift the hearts and chuckle-muscles of the audience… and actually lifts the audience as well! (Anchor Courtyard – 1.30pm; Hartley Quay Stage – 2.30pm)
• Steve Royle’s Children’s Show – crazy and funny hi-jinx for all the kids to enjoy (Hartley Quay Stage – 2pm and 4pm)
• Acro-juggling pirates (Anchor Courtyard – 2pm; in front of Dr Martin Luther King Jr Building – 4pm)
• Pirate combat show – swordfights and stunts (Dr Martin Luther King Jr Building – 1.30pm)
• Meet the Mermaid of Black Rock (Hartley Quay Stage – 1.30pm); meet and greet with the pirates and the Mermaid of Black Rock (on board The Phoenix – 4pm)
• Media partners, Smooth Radio, will be on site on both days